Hamilton Island's iPhone App
Hamilton Island continues to innovate with the launch of its own iPhone Application; a handy pocket-guide to everything there is to see and do on Hamilton Island.
Free to download from the App Store, the Hamilton Island iPhone App gives guests access to the latest Island information including ‘what’s on’ guides, restaurant and bar opening times, activity schedules, shopping outlets, maps and more.
Headed up by Online Sales & Marketing Manager Bernie O’Keefe, the Online Sales Team initiated and managed the App’s development, in consultation with many other key staff on Hamilton Island.
Bernie said: ‘We’re excited to have launched an App that we consider to be the most comprehensive destination guide in the marketplace. Our team spent a considerable amount of time ensuring that the App provides live data for activities, facilities, services and events on the Island, to help our guests discover everything we have to offer.’
‘The immediate success of the App indicates that travellers are fully embracing the new technology. Just a few days after launch, the Hamilton Island iPhone App began trending on the ‘Free Travel Apps’ list, prompting selection by Apple to make it a ‘Featured App’ on the App Store. This resulted in a flood of downloads, and lots of positive reviews.’
The popular App’s functionality includes:
• A 'what’s-on' guide, with start-times, locations and detailed listings of all the daily activities and entertainment taking place across the island
• Detailed listings of all the facilities, activities, and services offered to guests on Hamilton Island, with prompts on how to book, and when activities are next scheduled
• Detailed maps showcasing all points of interest, facilities, and retail outlets to help guests navigate around Hamilton Island
• Self-guided Audio-tours streamed directly to the iPhone for both the scenic Passage Peak Trail and Village Trail
• Detailed restaurant and bar listings, opening times and daily entertainment schedules
• Shuttle Buses and Ferry timetables for services on Hamilton Island
• Live flight arrival and departure information for the Great Barrier Reef Airport (Hamilton Island’s airport)
• Detailed hotel compendiums for hotels operated by Hamilton Island Enterprises, including the Premium Palm Bungalows, Reef View Hotel, Beach Club and qualia
• Live weather updates
The App can be downloaded for free from the App Store by simply searching Hamilton Island, and is compatible with iPads. An Android version of the app is also planned for release in the near future. -ENDS-
Notes to Editor:
Hamilton Island is located off the Queensland coast of Australia, within the Whitsunday Islands at the edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Here visitors can experience everything that is great about Australia – natural landscapes, calm turquoise waters, secluded beaches, beautiful weather, fascinating coral reefs, diverse flora and fauna. Hamilton Island offers a wide range of accommodation options, not to mention over 60 activities and all within a short direct flight from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Cairns. There are also great connections from other Australian cities. Visit: www.hamiltonisland.com.au
or www.facebook.com/hamiltonisland Media contacts and image library:
Michelle Crowshaw, Trade Communications Manager
t: +61 (0)417 065 173
Sophie Baker, Senior Communications Manager
t: +61 (0)427 109 503www.hamiltonisland.com.au/media-centre/