Staff reward, recognition and development
We look for bright, innovative and energetic people to be part of our team. Together, we strive to deliver world class holidays, events and conferences.
We realise that that our many people have varying skills, expertise and knowledge. As such, we encourage our people to develop careers in their chosen field by providing the opportunity for on-the-job training and external professional development.
As a member of our team, you can enjoy several attractive benefits that are continually reviewed and enhanced. Our employee benefits include (but aren’t limited to):
- Family and friends’ accommodation discounts.
- Access to outstanding facilities and training.
- Discounts at restaurants owned by Hamilton Island Enterprises.
- Various reductions on the cost of on-island guest activities.
- Access to a dedicated Staff Activities Officer - who coordinates employee-only events on your behalf.
- An employee-only bar and café.
- Salary Sacrifice programs including on-island accommodation.
- Company uniforms.
- Discounted rates on Cruise Whitsundays ferry tickets between the mainland and Hamilton Island.
While we have one of the most spectacular destinations in the world, we still maintain that our best asset is our people.
Our Eminence program is designed to recognise exceptional employees who consistently display behaviours that are in line with our company values and go above and beyond the usual requirements of their position. All employees are eligible to be recognised through Eminence and there are three different levels of award: silver, gold and platinum.
Our extensive learning and development initiatives are an important part of every employee’s professional development. We tailor and adapt training to fit your needs. As well as specialised in-house courses, Hamilton Island offers the opportunity to complete a range of nationally accredited qualifications through The Robert Oatley College (Please view our audit report here), including:
- Certificate III Hospitality
- Certificate III Commercial Cookery
- Diploma of Management
- Diploma of Hospitality