Frequently Asked Questions
Q – What are the check in and checkout times for our berth?
A – Check in times is from 11am with Check out by 11am the following day. If you are needing a earlier check in or late checkout please place your request at the time of booking or Check-in. Requests will be considered subject to availability and advised on the evening prior whenever possible.
Q – Are there gates on the marina arms and do I need a key for these?
A – As a private Marina on a private island, there are no gates on the marina arms, so no keys are required. The friendly, secure environment is maintained during the day by the presence of our Marina Concierge on the docks and on the water and at night with security patrolling the marina, along with CCTV coverage.
Q – Can we use the resort facilities while we are on island?
A – Access to Restaurants and Bars are available to marina guests along with access to the beach and resort side swimming pools (excluding qualia and Beach Club facilities). Marina guests also have access to the islands tours and activities, including Spa Wumurdaylin, Sports Club and the Dent Island Golf Course.
We recommend bookings for restaurants and activities in advance to avoid disappointment, especially for groups. See individual web pages for contact details, menus and information – or call to be directed through to Hamilton Island’s friendly switch team for bookings; +61 7 4946 9999.
Q – What services do you provide in the marina?
A – We have everything you need in regards to services including Shipwrights, detailers, polishing, mechanical, boat yard and chandlery. Click on the below link to see all of our services.
Q – Can I get provisioning for my trip?
A – There are several options;
- The Island has its own Supermarket located on Front Street that can assist with all of your provisioning needs. To organise your provisioning prior to your arrival click on the below link. The island also has a bottle shop for convenience, as well as ice and hot BBQ chickens available from the Fish and Chips shop. Fresh bakery items available from the Marina Bakery and assistance with catered functions can also be arranged. http://www.hamiltonislandgeneralstore.com.au/
- Hamilton Island Online Grocery Store - which is picked and packed at the Bowen Supa IGA store and delivered to Hamilton Island.
Q – How do I arrange airport transfers to and from the marina?
A – There are several options;
- Our Island Transfer service, called Resort link, is available for transfers to and from the marina for your flights - 0437 242 847
- Buggy Hire can be pre-booked and collected form the airport for your convenience www.hamiltonisland.com.au/reserve-your-buggy
- Marina Buggy Transfers can be requested for long stay bookings
- Private Vehicles Transfers can also be arranged for long stay bookings, subject to availability
- Private Luxury Audi Chauffeured transfers can also be requested, subject to availability, additions fees may apply
- Alternatively it is less short stroll of a few minutes from the airport to the southern end of the marina along the boardwalk!
Q – Do you have amenities located at the marina?
A – Yes we have professionally serviced amenities located on the Northern and Southern side of the marina that include toilets, showers, coin operated washing machines and dryers. Extra services such as laundry and dry cleaning can be arranged with notice.
Click here for marina map details.
Q – Once I make radio contact with the marina office how do I find my berth?
A - Once you have contacted the marina on VHF ch 68 one of our courtesy vessels will come out to meet you and guide you to your berth, your boating experience from arrival to departure is as easy as possible.