Request Your Buggy
To request a buggy, please complete the booking request form below and we will respond promptly to advise receipt of your request. We will then email you separately regarding availability of a buggies on the date/s requested. We recommend you provide a minimum of 72 notice when making your initial request to maximise the chance of meeting your request.
Passengers four years of age and under are required to be restrained in an approved child seat or capsule. To ensure Buggy Hire has the required child restraints fitted for your rental, please include the number of children under the age of four travelling with you on the booking form. A maximum of two restraints per buggy can be installed. If you are travelling with more than two children under the age of four, additional buggies should be booked.
Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads have set out the following condition for use for all buggies operating on Hamilton Island:
- Authorized drivers must be a minimum age of 21 years old and hold a current drivers license to drive the vehicle.
- A passenger less than six months old must be restrained in a rearward facing infant restraint, located in the front seat and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seatbelt.
- A passenger at least six months old, but less than four years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seat belt.
- Children are not permitted to travel on the lap of another passenger.
- A passenger at least four years old, but less than seven years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint or by a seatbelt.
- A passenger four years old and above must not occupy the front passenger seating position if there is another passenger who is less than four years old.
At the time of booking your buggy, please advise the age of any children travelling with you during your stay on Hamilton Island and our staff will be able to assist with securing the appropriate restraints.
A friendly reminder that all reservation requests for a buggy rental are not finalised until you receive a confirmation email from Hamilton Island Buggy Hire.
Buggy Hire Pricing
$46 - 1 Hour
$57 - 2 Hours
$62 - 3 Hours
$67 - 4 Hours
$70 - Overnight 3.00pm to 9.00am
$87 - Per 24 Hours
Child restraints for buggies are provided as complimentary for guests of Hamilton Island Hotels and Hamilton Island Holiday Homes. Child restraint charges will apply to guests staying in privately owned accommodation. Restraints may be hired for $15 per day and will be charged to a maximum of 4 days and subject to availability. For example, if you hire the seat for 7 days, the most you will have to pay is $60 (4 day hire).
Please note we do not offer any discounts on long term rentals.