Reward, Recognition and Development
Hamilton Island Enterprises is committed to creating an inspiring workplace and community which attracts and retains highly skilled people. Hamilton Island's staff are innovative, passionate and energetic people and their efforts will continue to drive the company’s growth as a premium leisure destination.
We realise that in our diverse company all employees have varying skills, expertise and knowledge. Hamilton Island encourages staff to develop careers in their chosen field by providing the opportunity for on the job training and external professional development.
Hamilton Island Employees enjoy a wide variety of attractive benefits which are continually reviewed and enhanced. Our employee benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Family and Friends Accommodation discounts
- Access to outstanding facilities and training
- Discounts at HIE owned restaurants
- Various reductions on the cost of on island guest activities
- A dedicated Staff Activities Officer coordinating employee only events and activities
- An employee only bar and café
- Salary sacrificing options including on island accommodation and novated leasing
- Company uniforms provided
- Discounted rates on Cruise Whitsundays ferry tickets between the mainland and Hamilton Island
At Hamilton Island our greatest asset are our employees. Our Eminence program is designed to recognise those exceptional employees who consistently display behaviours that are consistent with our company values and go above and beyond the usual requirements of their position. All employees are eligible to be recognised through Eminence and there are three different levels of award Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Our extensive learning and development initiatives are an important part of every employee’s professional development with Hamilton Island. We tailor and adapt training to fit your needs and ease the path-way for you to succeed in gaining additional skills to progress in your career. As well as specialised in-house courses Hamilton Island offers employees the opportunity to complete a range of nationally accredited qualifications through The Robert Oatley College including
- Certificate III Hospitality
- Certificate III Retail Operations
- Certificate III Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV Frontline Management
- Diploma of Management
- Diploma of Hospitality
Robert Oatley College Corporate Governance Documentation
AQTF Audit Report – Continuing Registration
Robert Oatley College - Certificate of Registration