Information for Guests
If you’re travelling to Hamilton Island in May or June, we wanted to make you aware of some changes to our operations over that time following the recent extreme weather conditions. To assist with planning your stay, we’ve compiled some useful information about travel over those dates, including the wide range of things available for you to see and do during your visit. We will be making regular updates to this page, so please check back for the most up to date information.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
qualia is currently closed for some care and rejuvenation. We look forward to welcoming guests back from 1 July 2017.
Holiday Homes managed by Hamilton Island Enterprises (Hamilton Island Holiday Homes)
Our Holiday Homes are currently undergoing a full safety assessment. For properties deemed unsuitable to occupy in the coming months, we are in the process of contacting existing guests to 1) amend to an alternative Holiday Home property 2) amend to alternative hotel accommodation (subject to availability) 3) amend to a future date or 4) cancel for a full refund.
New bookings for Hamilton Island Holiday Homes are 'on request'. Please call our Reservations Team on 137 333 or +61 (2) 9433 0444 to confirm availability and to make a booking. Alternatively, you can submit a request online and our team will contact you shortly.
If you have booked your holiday house accommodation through a private booking agent or directly with the property owner, you will need to contact the accommodation provider directly to discuss this further. These are private entities, not related to Hamilton Island Enterprises and therefore may have different rebooking and cancellation policies.
Bookings directly through Hamilton Island Reservations
If you have booked your accommodation directly through our Reservations team and have a query relating to your booking, please be in touch with our contact centre team during our opening hours of 8.30am – 7.00pm Monday – Friday and 9.00am – 5.00pm Saturday, Sunday & Public holidays AEST. If you are calling internationally, further contact information can be viewed here. Please refer to your most recent confirmation letter which outlines terms and conditions as well as final payment information.
Bookings through a travel agent or an online booking agent
If you have booked with a travel agent or an online booking agent, you will not receive a confirmation email from us. Please contact your travel agent for amendments, cancellations or to re-confirm your booking.
TRAVEL INSURANCE CLAIMS
For guests booked directly with us, should you require written advice from us to process a travel insurance claim, this can be obtained by sending an email to our Reservations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have booked flights directly with Hamilton Island Reservations, and wish to cancel or amend your flights, email our Flights Specialist at email@example.com.
If you have booked flights directly with an airline please contact the airline for updates on services and to discuss the options available to you. Please refer to the airline’s website for the latest flight schedules and updates qantas.com, jetstar.com or virginaustralia.com.
GETTING AROUND HAMILTON ISLAND
What transport options are available?
Buggies are available for hire at the rate of $87 for 24 hours. Hourly and overnight hire is also available. For further information please click here.
- Green Shuttle: Resort to Marina (complimentary) - running every 15 minutes from 7.00am to 11.00pm daily
- Blue Shuttle: Island Loop (complimentary) - running every 40 minutes from 6.50am to 11.00pm daily
- Resort Link ($8 per person per trip) – running from 7.00am to 4.45pm. For booking enquires contact 0437 242 847
- Night Link (complimentary) – running from 11.30pm to 1.45am daily
RESTAURANTS & BARS
What restaurants are open?
- Manta Ray
- Pool Terrace Restaurant
- Sails (currently available for breakfast and lunch only)
- Marina Cafe
- One Tree Hill
- Popeye's Fish and Chips
- Bob's Bakery
- Marina Tavern
- Bottle Shop
- Ice Cream Parlour
- coca chu at Outrigger
- Beach Club restaurant (available for Beach Club guests only)
- Bommie restaurant
- The Clubhouse
Mariners and Romano’s Restaurants will be re-opened by 1 August.
What activities are available?
- Explore Hamilton Star - Dinner Cruise
- Explore On The Edge – Full Day Sail and Snorkel to Whitehaven and Chalkies Beach
- Explore On The Edge - Half Day to Whitehaven Beach
- Explore On The Edge - Sunset Cruise
- Explore – Full Day Snorkel and Dive the Great Barrier Reef
- Explore – Half Day Snorkel and Dive the Whitsunday Islands (certified diving and snorkelling only, no introductory diving currently available)
- Cruise Whitsundays – Great Barrier Reef Reefworld tour
- Cruise Whitsundays – Whitehaven Beach full and half day tours
- Cruise Whitsundays – ferry services
- Hamilton Island Air – offering scenic aerial flights over the Great Barrier Reef and Hill Inlet, and seaplane and helicopter tours to land on Whitehaven Beach
- Hamilton Island Air – Best of Both Worlds tour
- Hamilton Island Air – Fly/Cruise and Cruise/Fly to Reefworld
- Hamilton Island Air – Reef Discovery Tour
- Hamilton Island Golf Club 18-hole championship course, Clubhouse and pro shop
- Hamilton Island Watersports (fishing, jet boating, parasailing, water-skiing, wakeboarding, tubing and Reef Ryder Whitehaven Beach tours)
- Renegade Fishing Charters
- Ricochet Sailing
- AWOL – private boat charters
- Spa wumurdaylin - Operating out of Reef View Hotel
- Quad Bikes for Kids
- Jet Ski Tours
- Dinghy Hire
- Beach Sports (Use of catamarans, windsurfers, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and snorkelling equipment)
- Mini Golf
- The Gallery Art Classes
- Tennis courts x 2, ball and racquet hire available
- Tour Desk
- Buggy Hire
- Clownfish Club – childminding and babysitting services
Please contact our Tour Desk on 07 4946 8305 for more specific information on the tours available and days of operation or submit an online booking request.
Which pools will be operational?
- Bougainvillea Pool
- Reef View Pool
- Beach Club Pool (Beach Club guests only)
- Main Pool and Swim Up Bar
Are the shops open?
- Australia the Gift
- Foots Sculptures
- General Store
- Post Office
- Westpac Bank
- The Hut
- Floral Collections
- Hamilton Island Designs
- Marina Retail
- SALT resort wear
- The Gallery
- Video Store
- Trader Pete’s
- Reef View Lobby Shop
- Island Hair and Beauty
- Airport Store
- Pro Shop, Hamilton Island Golf Club
- IGA online deliveries
Are tours to the Reef available?
Cruise Whitsundays are offering full day tours to Reefworld. Explore are operating full and half day dive and snorkel tours. Hamilton Island Air are offering scenic aerial flights over the Great Barrier Reef as well as fly/fly, cruise/fly and fly/cruise options landing at Reefworld. Please contact our Tour Desk on 07 4946 8305 for specific dates and tour availability.
Are tours to Whitehaven Beach available?
Cruise Whitsundays, Explore and Hamilton Island Watersports will be running a reduced schedule of tours to Whitehaven Beach. Hamilton Island Air are operating scenic aerial flights and stopovers at Whitehaven Beach. Please contact our Tour Desk on 07 4946 8305 for specific dates and tour availability.
Is the Sports Club and Gym open?
Our Sports Club is currently under renovation however a temporary Sports Club is available in the Chart Room, on the ground floor of the Reef View Hotel, with gym equipment and a selection of classes for guests. Please note the temporary Sports Club is not available from 22 May – 31 May inclusive. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Is the Wildlife Park open?
The WILDLIFE Hamilton Island Park is currently closed for renovation and the scheduled reopening date is still to be confirmed. Please check back to this page for the latest updates.
What does the island look like?
The vegetation on Hamilton Island has been affected following the recent extreme weather conditions. Our gardens team are working on planting new greenery across the island.
The information on this page is correct as at 15 May 2017 and is subject to change as we continue to work through the recovery process.