Rates are based on Single Share (one adult), Twin Share (two adults) or Family Share (two adults and two children 12 years or under) and subject to availability. All prices are quoted in AUD and include 10% GST. Additional nights are available to book. Not available in conjunction with other special offers or discounts. Not valid for conference or group bookings. Available to new bookings only. Room rates increase from 1 April 2022.
Credit Card fees
A 3% credit card fee applies to AMEX cards only for Reef View, Palm Bungalows and Beach Club. Fees are non-refundable.
Check-in / Check-out
Check-in time is 2pm. Check-out time is 10am. If you are arriving prior to 2pm, we suggest packing a change of clothes/swimmers/book etc in your hand luggage, so that you can start your holiday straight away.
Third party promotions and prizing
Hamilton Island room nights cannot be purchased for the purpose of third party promotions and prizing.
We need your Arrival Details as soon as you have them so that we can do our best to have your room ready on time. We will email you closer to your holiday to obtain these details or you can email us on email@example.com.
Flight bookings with Hamilton Island Reservations
If your flights have been booked and paid for directly with the Hamilton Island Reservations team, your flight itinerary and e-tickets will be attached to your first confirmation email. It is important that you check your flight itinerary details and spelling of all passenger names as soon as you receive your e-tickets. Please contact us as soon as possible if any of this information is incorrect.
Please print your e-tickets and put them in a safe place, ready to take with you to the airport. You may be required to present this document upon check-in and airport security checks. Should you misplace your tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request new copies.
Flight cancellations and changes
Flights purchased are subject to the terms and conditions of the airline, including applicable fees and surcharges for any amendments or cancellations. If you need to make any changes or to cancel your flight bookings, you will need to contact the relevant airline directly. Please refer to your flight itinerary or airline website for further information.
- Garden View, Coral Sea View, Two Bedroom Terrace Suites rooms cater to a maximum of four (4) persons per room.
- King Coral Sea View, Reef Suite and One Bedroom Terrace Suites cater to a maximum of two (2) persons per room.
- Reef Family rooms and Presidential Suites cater to a maximum of six (6) persons per room All rooms are inclusive of children. Cots are available on request for infants.
- As long as maximum room occupancy is not exceeded, 1 x extra rollaway bed can be requested subject to availability at the time of booking for an extra $45 per night.
- Palm Bungalows cater to a maximum of two (2) adults OR two (2) adults & up to two (2) children (0-12 years) sharing a divan, with pull-out trundle bed, but cannot exceed four (4) guests in total.
- Cots are available on request for infants.
- Maximum of two (2) adults staying in existing bedding.
- Beach Club caters for guests 18 years and over only.
- qualia Pavilions rates are based on a maximum of two (2) adults per Pavilion.
- qualia Beach House is based on a maximum of four (4) adults.
- qualia caters for guests 16 years and over only.
Kids Stay and Eat Free
Available to guests staying at the Reef View, Palm Bungalows and Holiday Homes. Children 12 years and under can eat free in participating restaurants, when dining with their parents and choosing from the kids’ menu. Kids Eat free is for dine in only. (Takeaway/delivery or room service is not part of the program).
Kids Eat free is only available when minimum one main adults’ meal is ordered.
Minimum Stay Requirements
These are the standard minimum night stay requirements, unless the Travel Validity associated with your reservation states otherwise.
Hotels (excludes Festive)
- qualia - a two night minimum stay applies all year round
In addition to the above a different minimum night stay may apply to bookings over certain dates and is subject to change as required.
- Reef View, Palm Bungalows and Beach Club - a four night minimum stay applies to reservations incorporating the night of 31 December
- qualia - a three night minimum stay applies.
- For qualia Classic bookings incorporating the night of 31 December a supplement fee of $195 per person is applicable which includes New Year’s Eve dinner at qualia.
Apply to qualia during Hamilton Island Race Week 20-29 August 2021.
If you are staying in a Holiday Home, the number of buggies included for each property varies based on property size and standard. Please refer to your specific property’s information page on www.hamiltonislandholidayhomes.com.au.
These are the general terms and conditions for buggies:
- A full and current driver’s license is required to obtain use of a Golf Buggy.
- Please be aware that as a condition of use, a $0 hold will be placed on your credit card when collecting your buggy.
- Any repairs or replacement costs incurred due to damage whilst in your care is your responsibility.
- You have the option to purchase a $12 per day damage waiver to protect against accidental damage. If the buggy is damaged and the waiver has not been purchased then $1,500 is charged to your credit card until the damage and cost has been assessed.
Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads have set out the following condition for use for all buggies operating on Hamilton Island:
- Authorised drivers must be a minimum age of 21 years old and hold a current driver’s license to drive the vehicle.
- A passenger less than six months old must be restrained in a rearward facing infant restraint, located in the front seat and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seatbelt.
- A passenger at least six months old, but less than four years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seat belt.
- Children are not permitted to travel on the lap of another passenger.
- A passenger at least four years old, but less than seven years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint or by a seatbelt.
- A passenger four years old and above must not occupy the front passenger seating position if there is another passenger who is less than four years old.
We recommend that you purchase travel insurance to cover cancellations, travel delays and other unforeseen incidents and accidents.
Virgin Australia Velocity Points
Virgin Australia Velocity Points are valid for some hotel accommodation bookings and only when booking directly with Hamilton Island Holidays – these conditions apply. www.hamiltonisland.com.au/velocity-partnership/terms
Regional Local Packages
If you have booked our Regional Locals Package including return ferry transfers, please refer to the information below.
- Two return ferry transfers from Port of Airlie with Cruise Whitsundays are included in the package.
- If your booking is for two or more adults, all adult ferry transfers are included in the total package rate (ie. extra charges for the additional adult ferry transfers are included in your total package price).
- If your booking is for one adult and one child, the ferry transfer for one child is included as part of your package.
- If your booking is for one adult and two children, you will be required to purchase an additional ferry transfer for the second child (or any additional children). Children 12 years and under stay and eat free on Hamilton Island, however Cruise Whitsundays operates privately and therefore only two ferry tickets are included in this package.
To purchase additional tickets or to view the ferry timetable, please visit www.cruisewhitsundays.com.au.