Great Whitehaven Beach Run
Sunday 18 June 2017
Every June, keen runners take to the pristine sands of famous Whitehaven Beach for the fun and challenging Great Whitehaven Beach Run.
If you’re looking for a fitness challenge, the Great Whitehaven Beach Run is a unique and memorable experience that’s suitable for the whole family.
Click here to watch highlights from the 2015 Great Whitehaven Beach Run as seen on Queensland Weekender.
What you’ll love about the Great Whitehaven Beach Run:
- Challenge yourself to a half marathon, or a 10km or 5km run along Whitehaven Beach.
- Enter the kids in the 1.5km or 500m Junior Fun Run and make this fun event one for the whole family.
- Compete either in the Individual Open (with no qualification required and open prizes awarded across all distances) or the Individual Age Group (age categories subject to minimum competitor entries).
- Take up the opportunity to meet Olympic athlete and event ambassador, Steve Moneghetti.
- Enjoy yoga for runners, a free 45 minute session to get you ready for the race, at 3.00pm on Saturday 25 June and 6.00am on Monday 27 June. Located at the Keel Deck at Hamilton Island Yacht Club.
Connect with Us
- Connect with fellow competitors on Facebook
- Capture the moment on Instagram #WHBR and #HamiltonIsland
- Join the conversation on Twitter #WHBR
- Need more info? Email Us
Great Whitehaven Beach Run Sponsors