Hotel Booking Terms and Conditions
The booking terms and conditions outlined on this page are standard and may apply when booking direct with Hamilton Island Holidays. Alternative conditions may apply based on specific travel dates and special rates or packages. At the time of booking, you will be required to read, understand and accept the terms and conditions specific to your reservation before it is confirmed and prior to payment. These terms and conditions will be presented to you via our direct booking channels including the Hamilton Island website and online booking engine, via email or over the phone with a Hamilton Island Reservation Specialist. For terms and conditions for existing bookings, please refer to the most up to date copy of your confirmation email. For more information, please call Hamilton Island Reservations on 137 333.
- Deposit Policy: A deposit equivalent to 20% of the total booking value will be taken from the provided credit card. Full payment is required at the time of booking if travel is within 7 days of booking. Credit card fees are non-refundable.
- Final Payment Policy (excludes Festive Season and Race Week): The balance of your accommodation must be paid no later than 7 days prior to your arrival. Final balance payments are processed on the nominated credit card provided at the time of booking. To pre-pay your final balance via an alternative method, please contact our Reservations team on 137 333 (+61 2 9433 0444). Credit card fees are non-refundable.
- Cancellation Policy (excludes Festive Season bookings): Notice of any cancellation, amendment or reduction in the daily number of reserved rooms must be provided in writing to Hamilton Island Holidays. Cancellations and amendments received outside of 14 days prior to arrival will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations and amendments received within 14 days of arrival will be subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the total booking value. Cancellations and amendments received within 7 days of arrival, ‘No Shows’ and/or ‘Early Departures’ will be subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booking value. i.e: penalty will equal the total booking value. Credit card fees are non-refundable.
- Festive Season Final Payment Policy (bookings incorporating 21 December 2019 – 5 January 2020 inclusive): Full pre-payment is required by 1 November. Payments not received by the due date may result in cancellation of the reservation. Credit card fees are non-refundable.
- Festive Season Cancellation Policy (bookings incorporating 21 December 2019 - 5 January 2020 inclusive): Cancellations and amendments received up to and including 31 October will be subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the total booking value. Cancellations and amendments received from 1 November, ‘No Shows’ and/or ‘Early Departures’ will be subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booking value. Credit card fees are non-refundable.
- Festive Season Minimum stay: A four (4) night minimum stay applies to all bookings incorporating the night of 31 December.
- All prices are quoted in AUD and include 10% GST (Australian Goods & Services Tax).
- From 18 December 2017, Hamilton Island will no longer charge credit card fees on accommodation bookings for Visa, MasterCard and Union Pay International. 3% credit card fee applies to AMEX bookings.
- Credit card fees are non-refundable.
- Maximum Occupancy: All rates are based on two (2) adults. Additional adult charges apply.
- Beach Club caters for guests 18 years and over only.
- Check-in time is 2 p.m. Check-out time is 10 a.m. Arrival and departure details are required at the time of booking and prior to your arrival.
- If you are arriving prior to 2pm, we suggest packing a change of clothes/bathers in your hand luggage, so that you can start your holiday straight away.
- Hamilton Island Holidays recommends for all guests booked with us to take out any necessary travel insurance to cover cancellations, travel delays and all other unforeseen incidents and accidents.
- Velocity Points are only earnt on bookings made directly with Hamilton Island (conditions apply).
- Hamilton Island room nights cannot be purchased for the purpose of third party promotions and prizing.