Restaurants, buggies and activities are in high demand so it's important to plan and book ahead to avoid disappointment.
We strongly advise guests to pre-book their dining arrangements. To make a reservation you can Book a Restaurant Online, or explore the options on our Food & Wine page. Restaurant opening times may vary slightly depending on the week that you visit, please check our Weekly Restaurant/Café/Bar Schedule, or the Hamilton Island App.
Tours and Activities
Explore the options on our See & Do page. Booking information can be found on the individual activity pages.
For information on what is open and available have a look at our Weekly Activity Guide. Times and dates may vary slightly depending on the week that you visit. Please check the weekly schedule, or the Hamilton Island App, for upcoming opening hours.
Buggies are currently in high demand, please click here to pre-book your buggy today prior to your arrival. (Subject to availability)
Hamilton Island also offers a complimentary Shuttle service. Simply hop on or off at any of the designated stops, and use the service as much or as little as you like.
Please note there have been some changes to the Kids Eat Free offer. As part of this great offer, any children up to 12 years can eat free in Pool Terrace, Sails or Manta Ray (until 31 Oct 2023) when dining with their parents and choosing from the kids' menu.
For more information see Kids Stay & Eat Free page.
Hamilton Island is a cashless environment, and we are do not accept cash at any of our outlets. Cash deposits and withdrawals can be made using the Bank@Post service at the Australia Post office on Front Street, where cash can also be exchanged for pre-paid or top-up Mastercards. A 1.25% surcharge applies for all ‘credit’ and ‘tap and go’ transactions made on the island via credit or debit card. Fee free card payments can be made via EFTPOS by inserting your card and selecting a cheque and/or savings account at the terminal.
Conditions of your Stay:
Please note that Hamilton Island Holiday homes are to be used for holiday letting purposes only: weddings, parties or large gatherings are not permitted. Non-compliance with this policy may result in unregistered and registered guests being evicted from the property and fees may apply. To enquire about hosting an event or gathering in one of Hamilton Island’s event spaces, please contact our events team on our website here.
We recommend you take out Travel Insurance before your holiday. We can help you to organise an online quote with Cover-More.
The following island works have been confirmed to address maintenance requirements and product refurbishment.
- Palm Bungalow works, 23 May 2023 to 18 December 2023 - To ensure the continued upkeep of the island, upgrade works have been scheduled from 23 May 2023 to 18 December 2023. Some of these maintenance activities are in proximity to the Palm Bungalows and as a result there may be some noise on weekdays from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and occasionally on Saturdays. The works have been thoughtfully planned and scheduled to minimize any inconvenience to our valued guests and rooms have been allocated to ensure as little disruption as possible.
- Main Pool Closure, 2 – 16 August 2024 - As part of our commitment to ensuring our facilities are of the highest standard, the Main Pool at the Resort Centre will be closed for routine maintenance. For safety purposes, there will be fencing around the worksite, and minimal intermittent noise in the Resort Centre between 9.00 – 4.00pm daily. During this period, all guests will still have access to several alternative options for swimming and enjoying the Whitsunday waters; including the Bougainvillea pool just a short two-minute walk from the Resort Centre; and beautiful Catseye Beach where free non-motorised sports are at your disposal. The Beach Pavilion Kiosk, Bar and Restaurant adjacent to the Bougainvillea Pool will also be open for takeaway refreshments and beach front casual dining. Sails restaurant at the Resort Centre will remain open for lunch and refreshments. Guests of the Reef View Hotel and Beach Club will also have access to the pools located within their own hotel.
Your well-being and safety are of utmost importance to us during your stay on Hamilton Island. We have a number of Stay Well measures to ensure a safe and secure environment for our guests, employees and the local community.
- Allied Health Facility: Hamilton Island is equipped with an Allied Health facility, which provides a range of health support services. For more information about the health services provided please click here.
- Hamilton Island Pharmacy: The Hamilton Island Pharmacy is open from 8.30am – 6.00pm daily, catering to all your pharmacy needs. You can view the pharmacy website here.
- Ambulance: The Queensland Ambulance Service operates on Hamilton Island. In case of a medical emergency, please dial ‘000’.
- Sun Safety and Hydration: The Australian sun can be extremely harsh. We strongly advise practicing sun safety and staying well-hydrated during your visit to Hamilton Island. For additional information on health and well-being provided by Queensland Health, please click here.