Restaurants, buggies and activities are in high demand so it's important to plan and book ahead to avoid disappointment.
We strongly advise guests to pre-book their dining arrangements. To make a reservation you can Book a Restaurant Online, or explore the options on our Food & Wine page. Restaurant opening times may vary slightly depending on the week that you visit, please check our Weekly Restaurant/Café/Bar Schedule, or the Hamilton Island App.
Tours and Activities
Explore the options on our See & Do page. Booking information can be found on the individual activity pages.
For information on what is open and available have a look at our Weekly Activity Guide. Times and dates may vary slightly depending on the week that you visit. Please check the weekly schedule, or the Hamilton Island App, for upcoming opening hours.
Buggies are currently in high demand, please click here to pre-book your buggy today prior to your arrival. (Subject to availability)
Hamilton Island also offers a complimentary Shuttle service. Simply hop on or off at any of the designated stops, and use the service as much or as little as you like.
Please note there have been some changes to the Kids Eat Free offer. As part of this great offer, any children up to 12 years can eat free in Pool Terrace, Sails or Manta Ray (until 31 Oct 2023) when dining with their parents and choosing from the kids' menu.
For more information see Kids Stay & Eat Free page.
Hamilton Island is a cashless environment, and we are unable to accept cash at any of our outlets. Cash deposits and withdrawals can be made using the Bank@Post service at the Australia Post office on Front Street, where cash can also be exchanged for pre-paid or top-up Mastercards. A 1.25% surcharge applies for all ‘credit’ and ‘tap and go’ transactions made on the island via credit or debit card. Fee free card payments can be made via EFTPOS by inserting your card and selecting a cheque and/or savings account at the terminal.
Conditions of your Stay:
Please note that Hamilton Island Holiday homes are to be used for holiday letting purposes only: weddings, parties or large gatherings are not permitted. Non-compliance with this policy may result in unregistered and registered guests being evicted from the property and fees and penalties may apply. To enquire about hosting an event or gathering in one of Hamilton Island’s event spaces, please contact our events team on our website here.
We recommend you take out Travel Insurance before your holiday. We can help you to organise an online quote with Cover-More.
The following island works have been confirmed to address maintenance requirements and product refurbishment.
- Reef View Hotel External Painting Works, 1 May to 20 May 2023 and 29 May to 1 December 2023 – External painting works will take place on the western side of the Reef View Hotel. There is likely to be rope drops running from the top of the Reef View Hotel and intermittent noise from Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm.
- Palm Bungalow works, 23 May 2023 to 18 December 2023 - To ensure the continued upkeep of the island, upgrade works have been scheduled from 23 May 2023 to 18 December 2023. Some of these maintenance activities are in proximity to the Palm Bungalows and as a result there may be some noise on weekdays from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and occasionally on Saturdays. The works have been thoughtfully planned and scheduled to minimize any inconvenience to our valued guests and rooms have been allocated to ensure as little disruption as possible.
- Beach Club Restaurant Preparation works, 27 November - 3 December - To ensure the continued upkeep of the Beach Club, some preparation for maintenance works will be taking place at the Beach Restaurant from the 27th of November. You may experience minimal intermittent noise between 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM daily. A small portion of the restaurant terrace will have a temporary wall, and there will be some scaffolding outside the Beach Club restaurant near a loading bay. Rest assured, the scaffolding won't be visible from the restaurant, and your breathtaking Catseye views won't be affected. All other Beach Club facilities and services, including the Beach Club restaurant and the Beach Club pool, will operate as normal.
- Beach Club Restaurant Closure, 4 - 10 December 2023 - Maintenance work is scheduled at the Beach Club Restaurant from 4 December - 10 December. During this period, the Beach Club restaurant will be closed for all services. Sails, located only a short walk from Beach Club, will offer daily breakfast. There may be minimal intermittent noise between 10.00am and 4.00pm daily, and the presence of some scaffolding around the restaurant area. All other Beach Club facilities and services, including the Beach Club pool and the Beach Club Bar will operate as normal. In recognition of this, we will apply a $100 Resort Credit for each night that the guest’s stay falls within the affected date range. Please view alternative dining options here.
Your well-being and safety are of utmost importance to us during your stay on Hamilton Island. We have a number of Stay Well measures to ensure a safe and secure environment for our guests, employees and the local community.
- Allied Health Facility: Hamilton Island is equipped with an Allied Health facility, which provides a range of health support services. For more information about the health services provided please click here.
- Hamilton Island Pharmacy: The Hamilton Island Pharmacy is open from 8.30am – 6.00pm daily, catering to all your pharmacy needs. You can view the pharmacy website here.
- Ambulance: The Queensland Ambulance Service operates on Hamilton Island. In case of a medical emergency, please dial ‘000’.
- Sun Safety and Hydration: The Australian sun can be extremely harsh. We strongly advise practicing sun safety and staying well-hydrated during your visit to Hamilton Island. For additional information on health and well-being provided by Queensland Health, please click here.