- Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
- All bookings made with Hamilton Island Holidays are subject to these terms and conditions and by making a booking (paying your deposit) you are accepting these Terms and Conditions on behalf of yourself and all persons who will be staying in the accommodation.
- Bookings may be subject to additional terms and conditions which are specific to unique packagesEvery now and then a variation to these may be applicable to special packages or offers.booked. These terms and conditions may relate to items such as payments, deposits and cancellations and you should confirm the exact conditions before booking.
- Once you have made your booking, make sure to check the Room or Package inclusions on your Booking Confirmation email to be certain of the specific details that apply to your unique booking.
- Hamilton Island reserves the right to modify or supplement at any time all or part of these Terms and Conditions. In this case a new version of the General Terms and Conditions will be available on the site with the effective date. Guests are advised to regularly consult the General Terms and Conditions to be aware of any changes.
Entertaining in a Hamilton Island Holiday Home
The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the receipt. No weddings, parties, large gatherings, commercial activities, or functions including professional photo shoots are allowed unless arrangements and permission have been granted by Hamilton Island Holiday Homes on behalf of the property owner. If these Terms and Conditions are breached penalties and fees will apply. To enquire about hosting an event or gathering in one of Hamilton Island's event space, please contact our events team here.
Hamilton Island minimum age requirement
All persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult such as a parent, step-parent, guardian who has parental rights and responsibilities for the under 18 year old person. If a person is found to be under the age of 18 and is not accompanied by a responsible adult, Hamilton Island Enterprises Limited (HIE) may cancel the person’s booking and ask them to leave the island immediately, with the full booking amount being forfeited to HIE under this condition.
For any persons arriving to stay overnight on Hamilton Island, we need your Arrival Details as soon as you have them so that we can do our best to have your Holiday Home ready on time. We will email you closer to your holiday to obtain these details or you can email us on email@example.com.
Check-in / Check-out
Check-in is 2.00pm. Check-out is 10.00am.
We recommend you pack a change of clothes, swimmers, book, sunscreen and sunglasses in your hand luggage so that you can enjoy some pool or beach-time while you wait for your Holiday Home to be ready.
Online Holiday Home booking requests
If you submit a booking request via our website (hamiltonislandholidayhomes.com.au) and the Holiday Home is available, the credit card provided at the time of booking will be processed for the nominated value and you will receive a formal confirmation email outlining your reservation details.
Should your requested Holiday Home not be available you will be contacted by our Hamilton Island Reservations team to discuss alternatives. We encourage you not to book flights until you have received a formal booking confirmation email from our Reservations team.
Maps and Images
- Map images, if shown, are for general information and may not necessarily reflect actual routings, locations or services provided.
- Destination shots may have been supplied to HIE by third parties and HIE does not guarantee the accuracy of any destination shots.
- Photos and floor plans are indicative only. Actual rooms may vary in decor and inclusions from those shown due to property owners modifying their property.
- Maximum occupancy differs according to each Holiday Home
- Check the property page on the Hamilton Island Holiday Home website for specific details
- It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that the property meets the capacity requirements of their travelling party prior to booking
- Upon arrival if the maximum number of persons exceeds the stated capacity of the property, you will not be allowed access to the property
- Maximum occupancy numbers apply for the duration of your stay.
Low and High Season minimum stay requirements
There are minimum stay requirements dependent on the property selected, and the time of year click here to find out more.
Stay 7, Pay 6
- If you’ve booked 7 nights or more on applicable travel dates* you will receive the 7th night free
- All nights must be booked in the same Holiday Home for the whole duration of the stay
- All nights must fall within the offer's travel validity dates to receive the 7th night free
- For stays which cross over low and high Season travel dates, each night will be priced at the applicable season's rate
- Extra nights may be added at the applicable nightly rate
- Maximum one (1) free night per booking
- Not available in conjunction with any other offer
*Applicable travel dates are: 23 April - 22 June 2023, 16 July - 17 August 2023, 27 August - 14 September 2023, 8 October - 12 December 2023 and 28 January - 27 March 2024.
Flight bookings with Hamilton Island Holidays
If your flights have been booked and paid for directly with the Hamilton Island Holidays, your flight itinerary and e-tickets will be attached to your first confirmation email. It is important that you check your flight itinerary details and spelling of all passenger names as soon as you receive your e-tickets. If any information is incorrect please email us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org..
Please print your e-tickets and put them in a safe place, ready to take with you to the airport. You may be required to present this document upon check-in and airport security checks. Should you misplace your tickets, please email email@example.com and request new copies.
Flight cancellations and changes
Flights purchased are subject to the terms and conditions of the airline, including applicable fees and surcharges for any amendments or cancellations. If you need to make any changes to your flights, please email us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have booked flights directly with the airline you will need to contact them for any amendments or cancellations.
Virgin Australia Velocity Points
Stays in Yacht Club Villas and Hamilton Island Holiday Homes are excluded from earning Velocity Points.
Third party promotions and prizing
Hamilton Island room nights cannot be purchased for the purpose of third party promotions and prizing.
Hamilton Island Enterprises Limited (HIE) endeavours to ensure that all prices listed on their website are accurate and up-to-date. If we discover an error in the price of any offer you have booked, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of cancelling it, or reconfirming the booking at the correct price (in the case of a price error). If we are unable to contact you, the booking will be treated as cancelled and if you have already paid you will receive a full refund.
- Rates are per night per property
- Rates are quoted in AUD and include 10% GST
- Rates from 1 April 2024 onwards are subject to change without notice (unless booking is confirmed with a deposit).
^Kids Eat Free
- Is available to families staying in Hamilton Island Holiday Homes
- Eat Free – children 12 years and under can eat free at Pool Terrace and Sails, when dining with their parents and choosing from the kids’ menu
- Kids Eat free is for dine in only. (Takeaway/delivery or room service is not part of the program)
- Kids Eat free is only available when a minimum of one main adults’ meal is ordered.
Booking Credit Card Transaction Fees
Holiday Home bookings made via the Hamilton Island website or call centre incur a non-refundable 1.25% surcharge for Visa, MasterCard, Union Pay, JCB and AMEX credit and debit cards. Credit/debit card transaction fees are non-refundable.
On Island Credit/Debit Card Transaction Fees
A non-refundable 1.25% surcharge applies for all ‘credit’ and ‘tap and go’ transactions made on the island via credit or debit card. Payments can be made fee free via EFTPOS by inserting your card and selecting a cheque and/or savings account at the terminal.
Groups and Conferences
If conferencing or private dinners are required, please contact email@example.com.
These are the general terms and conditions for buggies:
- All nominated drivers must present a valid driver licence and undergo a safety demonstration prior to rental
- All details and photos must be clear and legible for the licence to be considered valid
- A credit card must be provided as security against damage and other charges
- The maximum payload for a golf buggy is 364kg
- The maximum persons on a buggy is 4 people
- All occupants of the buggy must be wearing their individual seatbelt at all times
- Only licenced drivers nominated on the rental agreement are permitted to operate the golf buggy
- Any cost incurred as a result of damages to the buggy, persons, or property is the responsibility of the hirer
- Ignition key must be removed when the buggy is not in use. Replacement charge for a key can cost up to $300
- Queensland Road Rules apply and are enforced by QLD police and Island Safety when driving on Hamilton Island
- All accidents or incidents must be reported immediately to Island Safety by calling 07 4946 9999, available 24/7
- Open alcohol is not permitted on the buggy at any time
- Do not use mobile phones while driving the buggy
- Children are not permitted to drive, steer, or sit on the drivers lap. Children are not to touch, stand or play with operating pedals
- Buggies must not be operated in neutral gear
- Management reserves the right to refuse rental or confiscate a buggy in the interest of public safety
- Buggies are not permitted to be operated between the hours of 1.00am & 5.30am
- Please be aware that as a condition of use, a $0 hold will be placed on your credit card when collecting your buggy.
- You have the option to purchase a $12 per day damage waiver to protect against accidental damage. If the buggy is damaged and the waiver has not been purchased then $1,500 is charged to your credit card until the damage and cost has been assessed.
- Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads have set out the following condition for use for all buggies operating on Hamilton Island:
- Authorised drivers must be a minimum age of 21 years old and hold a current driver’s licence to drive the vehicle.
- A passenger less than six months old must be restrained in a rearward facing infant restraint, located in the front seat and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seatbelt.
- A passenger at least six months old, but less than four years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seat belt. This is subject to the amount of engineer approved restraint mounting points the buggy comes equipped with.
- Children are not permitted to travel on the lap of another passenger.
- A passenger at least four years old, but less than seven years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint or by a seatbelt.
- A passenger four years old and above must not occupy the front passenger seating position if there is another passenger who is less than four years old.
- The seats will be fitted by trained staff and should remain secured to the buggy for the duration of the rental. Securing and adjustment of straps in the capsule to fit the child is the responsibility of the parent or guardian (hirer).
- The hirer is responsible to recheck capsule anchorage points and adjust the straps securing the capsule to the seat each time the child is placed in the capsule restraint. Capsule covers cannot be used when the child is positioned in the capsule
We recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover cancellations, travel delays and other unforeseen incidents and accidents. We encourage you to read the insurance terms and conditions to ensure you’re covered for your planned travel.
Property Removed from Letting Pool
All homes in the Hamilton Island Holiday Homes letting pool are privately owned as such an owner may decide to remove the property from the letting pool.
In the event that the property you have selected is removed from the Letting Pool, you will be notified and we will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative. Should an alternative holiday property option not be suitable for the period of your stay, you may cancel the accommodation booking without penalty.
Only Yacht Club Villa stays of five (5) nights or more receive a complimentary mid-stay clean. For shorter stays and non-Yacht Club Villa properties, your Holiday Home is not serviced during your stay. If you would like to enquire about mid-stay cleans, please contact our reservations team on 1800 370 811.
Exclusive Bonus Inclusions
Exclusive Bonus Inclusions are available for Hamilton Island Holiday Homes persons only. The value of the Exclusive Bonus Inclusions is at least $200 per day*. They include:
- One x 4-seater golf buggy**
- Unlimited non-motorised watersports; Kayaking, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Catamarans, Windsurfing and Snorkelling (subject to availability and weather)
- Kids Stay & Eat Free^
- Home Essentials Starter Pack
Exclusive Bonus Inclusions value is not transferable or refundable for cancellations or ‘no shows’ and cannot be substituted as a monetary value. For more information, contact 1800 370 811.
*Based on the combined cost of one buggy hire, one hour kayak hire for a family (2 adults, 2 children) and two meals per day for two children (eating at the participating Kids Stay and Eat Free^ restaurants). The exact value of Inclusions will depend on and may increase based on the number of persons (adults and children) in the traveling party and the number and type of non-motorised watersports engaged in on any given day.
**Some larger properties may include two buggies. Please refer to your specific property’s information page on www.hamiltonislandholidayhomes.com.au.
^Children 12 years and under can eat free in participating restaurants, when dining with their parents and choosing from the Kids menu.
Is your booking directly with us or with a third party? (it is important to understand the difference)
You can book directly with Hamilton Island Travel Pty Ltd ACN 010305781 (Hamilton Island Holidays) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hamilton Island Enterprises Limited (HIE) via our websites or directly with our Reservations Team or you can book with a third party travel agent like Flight Centre, booking.com, expedia etc. These are the general terms that apply to HIE owned Hotels and privately managed properties in the Hamilton Island Holiday Homes letting pool. If you have booked via a third party you must check their terms and conditions for specific inclusions and conditions relating to your booking.