qualia minimum age requirement
qualia caters to persons 16 years and over.
All persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult such as a parent, step-parent, guardian who has parental rights and responsibilities for the under 18 year old person. If a person is found to be under the age of 18 and is not accompanied by a responsible adult, Hamilton Island Enterprises Limited (HIE) may cancel the person’s booking and ask them to leave the island immediately, with the full booking amount being forfeited to HIE under this condition.
Third party promotions and prizing
qualia room nights cannot be purchased for the purpose of third party promotions and prizing.
Your arrival details
Arrival and departure details are required at the time of booking and prior to your arrival. Please email us on email@example.com with your flight or ferry arrival details. This ensures that our qualia Guest Services team will be there to greet you upon your arrival for your private transfer to qualia.
All qualia Pavilions cater to a maximum of two (2) adults per Pavilion, excluding The Beach House. The Beach House caters to a maximum of four (4) adults. All rates are based on two (2) adults per Pavilion, otherwise referred to as twin share.
qualia offers two rates (in addition to package rates); the qualia Classic rate and the qualia Gourmet rate.
The qualia Classic rate includes a la carte breakfast daily at the Long Pavilion restaurant.
The qualia Gourmet rate includes a la carte breakfast daily and a la carte dinner daily at the Long Pavilion restaurant.
Rates are dynamic and subject to availability and change without notice.
Pavilion rates are based on twin share (two adults) and subject to availability. All prices are quoted in AUD and include 10% GST. Single share (one adult) rates are available for qualia Gourmet rates.
Minimum night stay
A minimum two (2) night stay applies for all reservations year round at qualia, with the exception of Festive Season which requires a minimum three (3) night stay.
Festive Season minimum night stay
A minimum three (3) night stay applies to all Pavilion bookings incorporating Festive Season (bookings incorporating 21 December 2023 – 7 January 2024 and 20 December 2024 – 6 January 2025 inclusive).
For qualia Classic bookings incorporating the night of 31 December
An additional fee of $195 per person is applicable which includes New Year’s Eve dinner at qualia.
All prices are quoted in AUD and include 10% GST. Credit/debit card surcharges do not apply.
Booking Credit Card Transaction Fees
Not applicable for qualia accommodation bookings made on the Hamilton Island or qualia websites or via the Reservation call centre.
On Island Credit/Debit Card Transaction Fees
A non-refundable 1.25% surcharge applies for all ‘credit’ and ‘tap and go’ transactions made on the island via credit or debit card. Payments can be made fee free via EFTPOS by inserting your card and selecting a cheque and/or savings account at the terminal.
qualia inclusions (when you book direct with qualia)
- All non-alcoholic beverages at qualia - including soft drinks, juices, waters, tea and coffee (does not include blended beverages)
- Use of an electric golf buggy for duration of stay (drivers licence required)
- 24-hour chauffeur service around Hamilton Island
- VIP return Hamilton Island airport/marina transfers
- Use of non-motorised watercraft
- Use of the qualia gym, spa, sauna and access to tennis court hire (subject to terms and conditions)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Earn 1 Velocity Point with every $1 spent on qualia accommodation.
Check-in / Check-out
Check-in time is 2.00pm. Check-out time is 11.00am.
If you are arriving prior to 2.00pm, we suggest packing a change of clothes/bathers in your hand luggage, so that you can start your qualia experience straight away.
Hamilton Island Sports Club
- Gym Age Restrictions
- 14 and 15 years old for Cardio (must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian)
- 16 and 17 years old – must be signed in by a parent or legal guardian upon arrival to train in the Sports Club unsupervised, for the duration of their stay.
- Spa and Sauna Age Restrictions
- Spa and Sauna restricted to persons 18 years and over
- Further general terms and conditions of use apply for the Sports Club. Please read in full here.
Flight bookings with Hamilton Island Holidays
If your flights have been booked and paid for directly with the Hamilton Island Holidays, your flight itinerary and e-tickets will be attached to your first confirmation email. It is important that you check your flight itinerary details and spelling of all passenger names as soon as you receive your e-tickets. If any information is incorrect please email us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please print your e-tickets and put them in a safe place, ready to take with you to the airport. You may be required to present this document upon check-in and airport security checks. Should you misplace your tickets, please email email@example.com and request new copies.
Flight cancellations and changes
Flights purchased are subject to the terms and conditions of the airline, including applicable fees and surcharges for any amendments or cancellations. If you need to make any changes to your flights, please email us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virgin Australia Velocity Points
Virgin Australia Velocity Points are valid for qualia bookings and only when booking directly with Hamilton Island Holidays – these conditions apply www.hamiltonisland.com.au/velocity-partnership/terms
A blackout period is a temporary interval during which access to room availability is limited or denied. For qualia, there is only one blackout period which covers Hamilton Island Race Week which is 18 August - 26 August 2023 inclusive.
Each qualia Pavilion includes an electric golf buggy for the duration of your stay.
These are the general terms and conditions for buggies:
- All nominated drivers must present a valid driver licence and undergo a safety demonstration prior to rental
- All details and photos must be clear and legible for the licence to be considered valid
- A credit card must be provided as security against damage and other charges
- The maximum payload for a golf buggy is 364kg
- The maximum persons on a buggy is 4 people
- All occupants of the buggy must be wearing their individual seatbelt at all times
- Only licenced drivers nominated on the rental agreement are permitted to operate the golf buggy
- Any cost incurred as a result of damages to the buggy, persons, or property is the responsibility of the hirer
- Ignition key must be removed when the buggy is not in use. Replacement charge for a key can cost up to $300
- Queensland Road Rules apply and are enforced by QLD police and Island Safety when driving on Hamilton Island
- All accidents or incidents must be reported immediately to Island Safety by calling 07 4946 9999, available 24/7
- Open alcohol is not permitted on the buggy at any time
- Do not use mobile phones while driving the buggy
- Children are not permitted to drive, steer, or sit on the drivers lap. Children are not to touch, stand or play with operating pedals
- Buggies must not be operated in neutral gear
- Management reserves the right to refuse rental or confiscate a buggy in the interest of public safety
- Buggies are not permitted to be operated between the hours of 1.00am & 5.30am
- Please be aware that as a condition of use, a $1 hold will be placed on your credit card when collecting your buggy.
- Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads have set out the following condition for use for all buggies operating on Hamilton Island:
- Authorised drivers must be a minimum age of 21 years old and hold a current driver’s licence to drive the vehicle.
- A passenger less than six months old must be restrained in a rearward facing infant restraint, located in the front seat and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seatbelt.
- A passenger at least six months old, but less than four years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seat belt. This is subject to the amount of engineer approved restraint mounting points the buggy comes equipped with.
- Children are not permitted to travel on the lap of another passenger.
- A passenger at least four years old, but less than seven years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint or by a seatbelt.
- A passenger four years old and above must not occupy the front passenger seating position if there is another passenger who is less than four years old.
- The seats will be fitted by trained staff and should remain secured to the buggy for the duration of the rental. Securing and adjustment of straps in the capsule to fit the child is the responsibility of the parent or guardian (hirer).
- The hirer is responsible to recheck capsule anchorage points and adjust the straps securing the capsule to the seat each time the child is placed in the capsule restraint. Capsule covers cannot be used when the child is positioned in the capsule
We recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover cancellations, travel delays and other unforeseen incidents and accidents. We encourage you to read the insurance terms and conditions to ensure you’re covered for your planned travel.
Is your booking directly with us or with a third party? (it is important to understand the difference)
You can book directly with Hamilton Island Travel Pty Ltd ACN 010305781 (Hamilton Island Holidays) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hamilton Island Enterprises Limited (HIE) via our websites or directly with our Reservations Team or you can book with a third party travel agent like Flight Centre, booking.com, expedia etc. These are the general terms that apply to HIE owned Hotels and privately managed properties in the Hamilton Island Holiday Homes letting pool. If you have booked via a third party you must check their terms and conditions for specific inclusions and conditions relating to your booking.